As technology is getting better every day, so does the innovation of the Antra Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet. This futuristic-look safety head gear has cheater and magnifying lenses compatible design that is great for any type of welding job. The AH6-260-000 Antra model is a hard hat that is basically considerable for MMA, TIG, MIG, Plasma application, and has a grinding feature you can’t find in other conventional welding helmets.
Plasma applications include cutting of steel, aluminum, stainless steel, brass and copper, and other materials for fabrication. This broad utilization of the Antra Welding Helmet lets you view larger and clearer with 4 premium sensors that amplify better sight without lifting the lens. While some conventional welding headgears are used with different materials, this safety helmet covers anything in the shop.
Key Features and Benefits
Once you use this amazing product, there are lots of conveniences that is associated with its applications. One is that you don’t have to change your lens quite frequently for welding different materials. The helmet itself has a built-in sensitivity knob located on the left side of the hat so you can easily adjust the shade.
The selector includes the shades (from 5 to 13) and the grinding mode. The shade variable is actually in the range 4/5-9/9-13 which also covers the plasma cutting process. The safety gear is shaped more like a motorcycle helmet than a welding hat which is aerodynamically designed to protect your face and head from sparks coming from the welding fluxes and the UV (ultra-violet) and IR (infrared) radiations.
This innovative design allows you to breathe fresh air and keep your face away from the toxic fumes of your workpiece. Additionally, this self-darkening welding helmet has an AntFi X60-2 feature which is a proprietary innovation.
The addition of a control knob on the exterior of the helmet is an absolute relief for the busy welders. You don’t have to take off the hat just to adjust the shade, you can do the adjustment while wearing the gear.
• Fast response to glares produced by TIG, MIG, MMA, and Plasma cutter
• Meets product standards set by EN 379 CE, ANSIZ87.1, CSA Z94.3
• One of the lowest prices in a welding helmet category
• Applicable in welding, cutting, and grinding
• Package includes 6 exterior lenses and 1 interior lens
• Protects you from dangerous UV and IR with a permanent shade of DIN 13
• Reaction time in changing shade is faster than the blink of an eye (1/25,000 of a second)
• Made from high impact polyamide nylon, also shock-proof
• Can be used in any type of weather, has operating temperature of -10C to 55C (14F-131F)
• Dark to light view takes from 0.1 to 1 second, one of the fastest in the industry
• Utilizes solar energy
• Fully automatic control with a push of a button (for On/Off operation)
• The built-in knob can control shade variation and sensitivity using just two fingers
• Lightweight at only one pound overall weight without accessories
• The welding helmet adapter is not included in your purchase but can be bought separately easily enough.
• The hard hat may require simple assembly
How to Replace Batteries for Antra Helmet AH6-260
The Antra AH6-260-0000 Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is a better alternative to welding goggles or the fixed shade glass welding hat which you are probably using for a long time. Unlike other conventional welding helmets, the Antra AH6-260-0000 is a high-tech gadget without the high price tag compared to similar head gear. This is also one of those great products that belies its price tag. If you are on a tight budget it’s definitely worth a shot.