If you are looking for a good quality, mid-range hard hat that offers maximum protection in harsh conditions then the MSA Skullgard Hard Hat equipped with the proprietary Fas-Trac suspension system is worth a look. It’s one of the best sellers in the market today because of its high-quality and over-the-top features without a super-high price tag.
Additionally, it is an MSA product which is one of world’s leading brands when it comes to PPEs (personal protective equipment). This heavy-duty full-brim safety hard hat comes in natural tan color but other colors are also available (such as white, blue, yellow, brown, orange and green).
Product’s Key Features
The MSA 475407 Skullgard Hard Hat is a Type I Class G safety helmet which means that it mostly protects the top of the head and with a capacity to endure electrical voltage (dielectric protection) of up to 2,200 volts. This hard hat has many applications, including steel smelting foundries, welding, food processing, sanding and grinding, manufacturing, construction works, asbestos abatement, and other confined space work that needs head protection.
This MSA Skullgard Safety Hard Hat also comes with a unique type of suspension called Fas-Trac III ratcheting suspension which is an MSA patented product that has a knob-operated system which could be adjusted to fit your head size. The MSA 475407 usually comes lighter than most safety helmets available that is why it is ideal to use in high-story construction buildings while it could also withstand elevated temperatures.
This smooth-finished hard hat is made from multiple layers of resin-impregnated textiles, providing durable protection for your head. Also known as phenolic materials, these components are then laminated under extreme pressure and what result is a tough and strong safety headgear.
Hard Hat Suspension
There are a couple of available suspension systems that you can choose from when buying the MSA 475407, such as the Staz-on Pinlock Suspension and the Fas-Trac III Suspension. The latter is the one displayed below, but you can order the one that fits your needs.
• Made from phenolic material rather than ordinary plastic
• Compliant with ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 requirements
• Can be used by both men and women (unisex)
• Can fit head sizes with a diameter range between 6.5 to 8 inches
• Can withstand temperatures up to 350F (177C) while maintaining its protective features
• Can also be used in heavy industries like steel mills, shipbuilding, and mining
• Class G protection for top impact
• Also great for outdoor use because of its lightness and ease of use
• Suspension secures the hat from falling and does not pull hair
• Also with a selection of Skullgard cap type
• Must replace suspension system at least once a year or when the need arises
If you want safety headgear that is not expensive but still has the capability of other upscale hard hats, you may choose the MSA 475407 Natural Tan Skullgard Hard Hat as your head protection. Its safety features are undeniably one of the finest in head protection from falling debris or electrical cables in construction sites and other heavy industries which may result in severe injury, and worst, death. Moreover, the MSA 475407 Hard Hat complies to all available government requirements regarding head safety, so you are assured of its effectiveness in the workplace.